Is this what our democracy has come to? Are we about to overlook peace for bloodshed? I’m not old enough to remember the Civil War and I am not ready to see the possibility again in our country. Are You?
Please, do not resort to violence. It solves nothing, Never has, never will. I don’t care what side of the aisle you are on or what candidacy you support, fomenting an atmosphere where we take each other's lives, is lunacy. All violence does is continue the hatred that has already cost hundreds of thousands of lives, maybe more.
There must be another way. I do not understand how any human being can hate another human being so much that they would be willing to take their life from them and permanently alter all the lives of every person on the planet. Are we truly that uncivilized after all of these years?
Aren’t we Americans tired of war yet? What is it that needs to be done to assuage the insatiable desire for death and destruction? Are we humans that unconscious?
Other words about war:
- Only the dead have seen the end of war.
- Older men declare war. But it is youth that must fight and die.
- All war is a symptom of man’s failure as a thinking animal.
- Men make war to get attention. All killing is an expression of self-hate.
- It doesn’t make a damned bit of difference who wins the war to someone who’s dead.
- It’s not the armies that are evil, it’s wars and people who start them.
- Wars don’t end anything.
- War is a game that can be played with a smile on a face, but there won’t be any laughter in a heart.
- War means violence that begets new violence.
- The best way to end war is to put down our weapons, physically, verbally, and permanently.
To me, the rhetoric of the past several years has been building within us and the weapons of character assassination are nothing new. When, when will we decide that one more death isn’t worth the price we are paying for it.
I welcome a dialogue that continues to pursue truth, even if that truth is different from what I believe. I am more willing to hear that than the sounds of gunshots and the screams of insanity.
We deserve better than this. Our children deserve better than this, and the only way we will see the end of war is to be the end of war.
I believe in World Peace and I believe all of us can say, “It starts with me!”
Won’t all of you who are of voting age hear this:
Will you please join me in voting for peace? Let Ho’oponopono be our substitute: I’m Sorry, Please Forgive Me, Thank You, I love You!